Finley Turns 6

 

I can't believe we don't have any more five-year-olds in the house! 

You are such a joy to be around. Our house is so much more lively and joyful because of you. We love your energy, humor, and sweetness. You are truly kind to everyone and try to be just like your older siblings.

You were so excited to start kindergarten this year! You have been a superstar. You are kind to classmates, always helpful, and a good listener and rule follower. You came home from school the first few weeks saying that you loved school, but that sometimes your classmates didn't listen to the teacher. You are reading chapter books and doing second grade math! Your teacher is Mrs. Curry. You were super excited that she shared a last name with Stephen Curry. She sends you to first grade for reading learning clubs because you are the only one in your grade that is reading at your level. You love school and are doing really well. You ride the bus with Drexler and he takes great care of you.



This year you played soccer at MSA with Drexler. You improved a lot and scored several goals. You also started playing basketball in the first/second grade Penn fall league. One game you had 20 points! And all the kids are so much bigger than you! You will also play Upward this winter with Drexler.


You like drawing and writing stories. You also like basketball, soccer, fishing, and swimming. You often tell me to "Get me a surprise," meaning you want a surprise snack. You are unlike any of your siblings in that you value your rest and will often put yourself to sleep. You can nap anywhere still, but you will ask to go to bed by 7 on a school night, and sometimes 8 on the weekends. It doesn't matter what everyone else is doing, you know your limits and when you need to rest.

You are very independent. You're the earliest shoe tier and do more chores than the other kids did at your age. I guess that comes with being the youngest. But I'm proud of your initiative and accountability. 

You haven't lost any teeth yet, but you keep telling me that they are loose.

I'm excited that I get to help out in your classroom this year (once a month). I never got to do that with the other kids because I had to watch other kids at home. 

I'm so happy to have you in our lives. You are still the best cuddler and can make everyone smile. We all need you in our lives. I'm excited to watch the rest of your year 6 unfold. Love you Little Fin.



Comments

Popular Posts